Wednesday, September 3, 2008

From: Google Blog: Google introduce a new broswer called Chrome

Google just introduced a new broswer called Chrome. People saying that this is a move targeting to cut the share of MS's internet explorer.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html

Google even created a comic book about Chrome
http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html

WSJ also published an articles about Chrome.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122039360048292521.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

3 comments:

Shane Donaldson said...

I just downloaded Chrome a few hours ago and I think I'm addicted to it!

Spekkio said...

I don't understand what Google is doing here. Don't get me wrong - I've always opposed Internet Exploiter. My primary computers are a Macintosh and a laptop running Ubuntu (Linux) so it's not even an option for me.

It just seems like extra effort - reinventing the wheel, if you will. They could just as easily thrown more support behind Firefox, Opera, or Safari.

Of course, I say all this without having tried Chrome for myself, but as it's Windows-only at the moment (tsk, tsk) I can't.

Daqing said...

I tried Chrome, and I like the interface, the speed, and the feel of it.

However, i do agree that from an end user point of view, this seems does not make too much sense. Google can support Firefox.

But from the view point of Google, i think that they want to have a platform like Firefox where either they or others can build lots of extensions on. If this platform belongs to Google rather than others, they will get more benefits. For example, people maybe more willing to try their Google Docs, Words etc. Although i have to say that the current version of Chrome does not have really strong default ties with other Google products.